PIRASTRO Passione Solo Violin string A GUT/ALUMINIUM MEDIUM
- The sheep gut core of the Passione Solo strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- soloistic tone with strong power and brilliance
- extended range of dynamics and tone colors
- very powerful and brilliant sound with great projection
- Significantly reduced playing-in time: Passione strings are immediately playable other than traditional gut strings.
- very easy response
- E-Silvery Steel, A-aluminum, D- and G-silver
- Passione Solo is available in medium gauge only. The strings are slightly thicker than the medium gauge of the Passione strings.
- The Passione Solo Silvery Steel E-string gauge is medium (0.26mm).
- All A-, D- and G-strings come with a ball-end in order to facilitate the installation.
- The E-strings are available with ball- or loop-end.
The length of colored silk at the peg end of the Passione Solo G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string. The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized.
As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut. We have made numerous tests with this special G on various violins all differing in size and the string has always fitted. On some violins it takes longer, with other violins the string even fits from the beginning.